Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Beginnings...

After considering creating a blog for a long time, I finally took the plunge. I had actually decided last week, but we have satellite internet. This means our internet is either wonderful, or it is non-existent. Well, it has been non-existent since last Wednesday when I decided to start my blog. Obviously though, we finally got our internet back, so here we go. I have had a blast today learning the in's and out's of beginner blogging and I'm sure I will quickly find myself addicted.

For those of you who don't know, my Dad, Lavern, trains horses and my family lives on an acreage outside of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. For the past two years I've worked with my Dad training horses, but I've come to the realization that, while I love horses, training them is not my forte. My parent's have been looking for someone to take over as assistant trainer for awhile now and I am sooooo excited to announce that Andrea Gie is finally here. Andrea is from Cape Town, South Africa and is an accomplished dressage, jumping and eventing rider. Although she is only here for three months, I am beyond excited that she's here. Not only is there someone to take over for me, she is living with Tim and I and it's like having a sister (PS- My brother is eleven years older than I am, so I'm basically an only child!). She arrived last Wednesday evening after 36 hours in-transit, a rescheduled connecting flight due to mechanical problems, arriving 6 hours later then originally expected and her luggage didn't show up until the next day. At least the airline delivered her luggage to our place. Since she's arrived though, everything has gone smoothly and we already love having her. Welcome Andrea!!!

This week is shaping up to be a busy one. Tim's birthday is on Tuesday. We're going out for dinner as a family, but Tim is pretty horrible about dealing with being the center of attention, so we're keeping things fairly low key. Thursday I get to spend the day with a friend I haven't been able to spend any time with in the last couple of months and we both need a girl's day. Friday night our friend's, Geoff and Colleen have invited us over for their daughter Arianne's first birthday. I'm really excited about this, because I love little people birthdays. I realize she's to young to understand what's going on, but I love watching how fascinated they are with everything. And let's face it, babies eating birthday cake is hilarious! On a sad note, my aunt passed away this morning from her battle with lung cancer. Her funeral will be this week, but I'm not sure when. Our prayers and love are with my uncle Ray and cousins, Jennifer and Micheal. Lastly (so far), Tim has decided he wants a new washer and dryer as his birthday present, so we'll probably go shopping for one on Saturday.

With everything going on, I'm sure I'll have no shortage of things to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment