Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Well that beautiful, mostly mild, fall we were lavishing in has finally become winter. Yesterday we got dumped with a bunch of snow and lovely wind gusts of up to 60km. Needless to say, we're going to be doing some shoveling today to be able to get out cars out. The sun is out today however and I must say the scene outside is rather breathtaking. I love living in the country! It is so peaceful here and having all this snow only seems to intensify this. Don't get me wrong, I am not a winter person. I don't ski, snowboard, skate or go tobogganing, but I love the beauty of nature.

The peaceful also has something to do with the emptiness of our house. Gillian has gone home for Christmas, but will be returning the beginning of January. Jaimee is away for the weekend, but I think she's begun to realize that training horses is not what she wants to do with her life and will be soon leaving us. So once again, it is just Tim and I. And the "kids" of course, but they are such a joy.

With the beginning of December comes preparations for Christmas, parties, both my brother and I celebrating our birthdays. It's always a busy time of year. We put our tree up yesterday and most of our decorations. Cooper and Duchess are used to this as they have seasoned a few Christmas' now, but Lulu has to check everything out. She was only about a month and a half last Christmas and she and her two siblings of knocking everything off the bottom of the tree and pulling ribbon off of presents. Fortunately this year, while she is still curious, she doesn't feel the need to remove anything.

Our first party of the Christmas is the Wild Rose Arabian Horse Association which is tonight. My parent's have both been members of the club and it's board for as long as I can remember and although I myself haven't been a member since I became an adult, Tim and I both always try to make it. We love the people and even though Tim is not a horse person, we fit right in. But, thanks to the aforementioned snow, we most go and see if we will even be able to get out of our driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment