Friday, November 13, 2009

It's been awhile....

Okay, so I haven't updated since April and believe me, lots has happened. I'd be blogging for forever if I wanted to catch up so I just going to wing it.

Andrea went home in June and we've missed her a lot. But she's coming back!!! Probably in mid-April, but if this winter stays mild like it did a few years ago, I may try to convince her to come back earlier. We now have two new girls staying with Tim and I. Jaimee and Gillian. Jaimee is 20 and from England. Gillian is a Canadian girl from Nova Scotia. This is definitely a learning experience for Tim and I, especially Tim, sharing a house with a bunch of girls, but we're loving it. I think Lavern's probably finding things interesting as well, working with a group of women. Oh wait, that's life with horses.

We had hoped to have two foals this year. We leased two gorgeous black arabian mares from our friend Kelly. Unfortunately only one of the mares, Dharma was in foal. But what a foal he is! Born in May, we have a bay leopard-spot print colt. I jokingly suggested calling him Greg since his mom is Dharma and it has stuck. His registered name will be Highly Spotted. I'll post some pictures of him in the next couple of days. In the meantime though, I just bought his mom, Dharma. I'm so excited!!! I'll post some pics of her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment