Wednesday, April 8, 2009

If the Dress Fits...

When my Mom was in Arizona in February, she was on the lookout for matching dresses. Dog dresses. See, our dogs are full sisters from the same litter. Her dog, Charleigh, is older and a bit bigger than Duchess. She also loves dressing up. We had originally sold her as a puppy to a really sweet couple, but just after Christmas they called and asked if we would be interested in buying her back as they had changes in their life and they needed to sell her. They knew I had lost Duchess and Charleigh's Mom, Isis, barely a week after selling Charleigh and knew that we would love to take her. At the time though, I had three six-week old puppies that I needed to sell first and did not have the money. My Mom came to me and asked if she could buy Charleigh because she wanted a small dog like Duchess and I agreed, knowing I would still get to see her.

I should explain that Isis, their mom, went everywhere and did everything with me. When we lived in Stony Plain, I worked in a senior's home and she came to work with me and visited with my resident's and keep me alerted if anything was going on. She had been mine since she was a week old and we were inseperable. I was devastated by her death, my only consolation being that I had chosen to keep Duchess from her last litter. Anyway, Charleigh and Duchess are similiar in looks and even more similiar in personalities (doganalities, as my Mom calls it). Mom searched high and low for matching dress, but could never find more than one dress in their size. So she picked two of similiar style and here is the end result.

This is Charleigh. She's modeling the rocker chick look. She has a longer body than Duchess, which makes her look like she's wearing a mini-skirt.
This is Duchess, modeling the striped sailor dress. Duchess pretty much hates being dressed up. As a puppy, she loved her sweater. Then one day, that changed. Now, she would literally rather freeze than wear her sweater. As you can see, she doesn't look to impressed, so we don't submit her to this much.
This week I found them a little yellow, belted rain coat from Old Navy. I don't have any pictures of either of them in it yet. It was on sale for super cheap so I bought it for them (okay, technically for us!). They both look super cute in it, but neither of them like it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment